Whilst all care has been taken in the preparation of the particulars contained herein, no warranty can be given and interested parties must therefore rely on their own enquiries. Subject to local authority approvals.
This policy outlines the ways in which Reed Property Group and its related entities (“We”) collect, use, disclose, store, secure, manage and dispose of your Personal Information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (“the APP’s”).
Where the words “Personal Information” are used in this policy, that expression means information or an opinion that is either specifically about you, or if you are not specifically identified but you are reasonable capable of being identified, irrespective as to:
- (a) Whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- (b) Whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
The Kinds of Personal Information We Collect and Hold [APP 1.4(a)]
The kinds of Personal Information we collect from you may vary depending upon the nature of the property development services you have instructed us to provide. Generally, we will initially collect information regarding your name, address and contact details in order to process any enquiry you may submit to us regarding a proposed or existing development project.
Where necessary to provide property services to you, we may also collect from you all details necessary to enter into building, development or other property-related contracts with you, including your relevant property site address, details of your related entities, and your financial details, including the details of your financier, in order to process your payments to us.
How We Collect and Hold your Personal Information [APP 1.4(b)]
We will collect the majority of your Personal Information from you directly. We may also however obtain your Personal Information from:
- (a) Government Departments or Agencies by undertaking searches or by request;
- (b) Your legal representative;
- (c) Your financier; or
- (d) Real estate or other property agents who have referred you to us.
We will obtain your consent before contacting any third party for the purposes of collecting your Personal Information.
The Purposes for which we Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose your Personal Information [APP 1.4(c)]
We collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- (a) Providing property development services to you or someone else you know;
- (b) Providing you with information about other services that we, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with, offer that may be of interest to you;
- (c) Facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements;
- (d) Analysing our services and customer needs with the view of developing new or improved property-related services.
How you May Access or Seek the Correction of Personal Information Held by Us [APP 1.4(d)]
You may access or seek the correction of any Personal Information held by us by contacting the Reed
Property Group Head Office using the contact details available at our website www.reedproperty.com.au.
How You May Complain about a Breach of the APP’s by Us [APP 1.4(e)]
If at any stage you feel we have breached the APP’s in our collection, use, disclosure, storage, security, management or disposal of your Personal Information, you may lodge a complaint with our Privacy Officer using the contact details available at our website www.reedproperty.com.au or by letter forwarded to:
The Privacy Officer
Reed Property Group
PO Box 1176 Maroochydore QLD 4558 Australia
We are committed to protecting your privacy and as such we treat all complaints very seriously. Our Privacy Officer will address your concerns with our Company Directors and contact you to ensure you are satisfied with our proposed resolution.
If we do not respond to you within 30 days or you are not satisfied with our response, you are entitled to lodge a “Privacy Complaint Form” with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Copies of this form and details relating to lodgement are available at www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a- privacy-complaint.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information to Overseas Recipients [APP 1.4(f)]
We will generally only disclose your Personal Information to the following persons:
- (a) Your legal or accounting representative, your financier or your real estate or property agent;
- (b) One of our related entities; or
- (c) Our consultants, contractors and service providers where the disclosure is necessary to assist us in providing the property development services you have requested we provide to you.
We may also in the course of fulfilling our contract with you disclose your Personal Information to overseas recipients. This may occur in the following circumstances:
- (a) Where you instruct us to disclose, whether in writing or verbally, information which contains your Personal Information to an overseas party; or
- (b) Where your Personal Information is disclosed for the purposes of preparing documentation on your behalf, and the employee, agent, representative, or contractor retained to assist in the preparation of the documentation is based overseas.
Countries in Which Overseas Recipients Likely to be Located [APP 1.4(g)]
We do not as a matter of course disclose the Personal Information of our Australian clients or customers to overseas recipients. Where we intend to do so, we will advise you of the location in which such overseas recipient is likely to be located so as to obtain your informed consent to such a disclosure before it is made.
We collect website activity statistics such as the number of visitors, pages visited, time and date of visit and where you accessed our website from, so that we can make informed decisions relating to improving our website and the services we deliver. This information is anonymous and doesn’t identify a person.
When you visit our website a cookie is placed on your computer. The cookie does not contain personal information that can identify you, but may contain information about the page you visited on our website. If you do not wish for this to occur, you can remove cookies from your computer, by following the standard procedures applicable to your internet browser.
Copies of this Policy are available free of charge upon request.